Rodent Exclusion & Animal Waste Removal
Get Rid of Rodents!
There is nothing pleasant - or healthy - about having rodents in your home. And unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for them to make their way into our attics and crawlspaces. And unfortunately again, once they have found their way in, it’s not long before you will find yourself with a complete rodent infestation. Luckily, our experts can help! With our four step process, we safely remove rodents from your attic and crawlspace, providing you with a clean space and rodent free home.
How do rodents get in your attic in the first place?
There are several ways that rodents can get in your attic, and you might be surprised at how little space they need to find their way in. The truth is, these small creatures only need to find a hole 1/4 of an inch thick to gain entry into your home - that’s a hole as small as a dime! And while most of us would think that the basement would be the most common location to find rodents, you may be surprised to know that these little pests are excellent climbers. They can easily find their way up your brickwork or through the cavities in your walls and up into your attic where it’s nice and warm for them to make a home.
How do you know if you have a rodent infestation?
If you have a rodent infestation, you will see signs. These may include:
- Rodent droppings
- Rodent dropping odours
- Damaged structures and chewed wires
- Strange noises in the attic
If you have any of these signs, you could have a rodent problem. And if you have a rodent problem, it’s not something you want to ignore. Why do you want to deal with the problem immediately?
- Mice and rats carry parasites that can carry a wide range of diseases that can be harmful to humans. Hantavirus, Rat Bite Fever, Salmonellosis, and Listeria are just a few of the many diseases that are carried by rodents and their parasites. And that’s definitely not something you want hanging around your home
- Mice and rats can trigger allergies
- Mice and rats can damage and destroy your home. They are known to eat just about anything - your insulation, your wallboards, your wood, and even your electrical wiring
- Rats and mice can also transfer something known as the Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, which is transferred through their faces. This virus is so dangerous that even being exposed to rat faces can be dangerous. And this is why it is never recommended that you take on the job of cleaning up after rodents yourself. Without proper safety equipment, this can be an extremely deadly job
But with the help of our rodent proofing service, you can safely and effectively remove rodents from your home. Our team will go deep into your attic or crawlspace to find vulnerable areas that are letting rodents in and allowing them to make home in your house. In addition to cleaning out the space, we will replace any insulation as needed and use professional grade disinfectant to properly sanitize areas that have been exposed.
Remove the threat of disease from your home by calling ATA Insulation & Remodeling today!