Want to know how you can lower your energy bills and improve the indoor air quality in your home? Just call ATA Insulation & Remodelling and ask about our attic insulation services. We can answer any questions that you may have about cleaning out and reinstalling insulation in your attic. But for now, here are a few commonly asked questions that we receive about our insulation services:
How do I know if I need new Insulation?
There are several different signs that you may be in need of new insulation for your attic:
- When your insulation is over 20 years old
- When you have noticed mold or water damage
- After a rodent infestation
- If you are noticing that your energy bills are higher than usual
- If you notice that the temperature of your home is constantly changing
- You are experiencing chilly drafts
- You have noticed an infestation of bugs in your home
- You have noticed frozen pipes
What are the benefits of installing new insulation?
- Improved noise control
- Minimizes fluctuations in temperature
- Improves humidity control
- Improves air quality in your home
- Reduces carbon footprint
- Reduces your energy bills
- Prevents pipes from freezing over
What types of insulation are available for my attic?
- Blanket insulation - Blanket insulation is the most common type of insulation. It often comes in the form of batts or rolls, and is usually made up of fibreglass. With that being said, it can also be made from plastic fibres, mineral wool, and natural fibres. It is ideal for unfinished walls, floors, and ceilings.
- Blown-in Insulation - Blown-in insulation is when you blow or spray an insulation product into wall cavities, attics, or floors. They are usually made from foam, fibre, or cellulose, and are ideal for harder to reach areas.
- Foam insulation - Foam insulation is most commonly used to reduce air leakage. It usually comes in the form of a polyurethane spray foam and is used as an alternative to traditional building insulation to provide thermal insulation.
Of course, our experts are always around to help if you don’t know which form of insulation is the best choice for your home.
Why should you hire a professional to insulate your attic?
- When installing insulation, you are usually doing so in your homes most dangerous places (your attic, your crawl space, etc). These places may contain harmful contaminants like mold or rodent feces, that need to be safely removed before reinstalling insulation. In addition, places like the attic may have lose floorboards that can cause injury if you are not prepared. At ATA Insulation & Remodelling - we are always prepared! We believe in safety first and take every measure possible to keep our workers, as well as you and your family, safe.
- Unless you are a handyman around the house, you may not have all the tools necessary for installing insulation. Ladders, special cutting instruments, sealant, caulking guns, and so on and so forth will all cost you money if you don’t already have them on hand. At ATA Insulation & Remodelling, we have everything you need to replace your insulation quickly and efficiently.
- If you are going to invest in new insulation, you want the job to be done right. And unless you have previous experience in insulating a home, it’s not a DIY job that we recommend taking on. Save yourself the time and hassle, and ensure the job gets done safely and properly - call ATA Insulation and Remodelling today!